My older daughter wanted to give Valentine’s to her teachers, but since she is in 7th grade, she didn’t want to give store bought, kid Valentines. She wanted to create a craft that she could give to the teachers. I had the perfect idea.
With this simple Valentine’s Day craft, you can get everything you need from the dollar store and what you already have on hand. I love dollar store crafts and this one is so simple.
*toilet paper rolls
*Modge Podge: The ones I get from the dollar store is very small. If you want larger bottles, and you might because there are so many crafts that use Modge Podge, you can buy larger bottles from Amazon. (affiliate)
*paint brush or foam brush
1. Make sure the toilet paper roll is free of paper. Then paint it white.
2. Take the napkin and separate it from the back.
3. Once the roll is dry, paint the roll with a layer of Modge Podge.
4. Start wrapping the napkin around the toilet paper roll. If there is extra napkin hanging over, trim the edges.
5. Add a layer of Modge Podge over the napkin. This will be smoothing the napkin down. Make sure to cover it all.
6. Once the Modge Podge is dry, you will be bending in the edges to create the pockets.
7. Bend one end, add the goodies and then fold in the other end.
This is a simple craft that the kids can do, but also looks adorable.