If you want a great car that lasts for a long time, you need to take care of it properly. If you have a car that you love, then you probably already know how much you love to take care of it. If you’re indifferent about your car, just know that keeping it clean and maintained helps keep it working efficiently for a long time, and it helps it retain its value. When a car retains its value, it helps you get more money when you are ready to resell it or trade it in at the dealership.
With that in mind, here are some tips for a clean and efficient car:
- Always wash the outside of your vehicle and park it in a location where it won’t get debris, bird excrement or tree sap on it. If it does, then get it washed off as soon as you can.
- Always perform scheduled maintenance on your vehicle like oil changes, to keep it running its best.
- Clean your seats and do your best to protect them. If you have children in the car, you may choose to use seat covers or protectors to keep your car’s interior in good condition as long as possible.
- Use a small, portable vacuum to clean out your car regularly and remove any dust. You can go to the car wash for a deeper vacuum and clean, but use your smaller vac for in between trips.
- Keep a small trash can or trash bag in your car for debris and garbage so it doesn’t end up in the floor of your vehicle or somewhere else (like under the seats – yuck!)
- Keep some wet wipes or handi wipes in your vehicle. These come in handy if you’re eating in the car, if you have a spill, or if you get a stain or some dirt in the vehicle.
When you’re ready for a new car, visit Reedman Toll Subaru. The salespeople will be happy to help you find the right car for you.