I am always looking for a snack for the kids. They eat non-stop. The problem is, like a lot of kids, they want sweets and snacks more than anything else. They don’t get them as much as they want, but when I can find something that feels like a treat for them, that I know isn’t that bad for them, I call that a win. These strawberry oat bars are great for kids who are looking for a snack, and moms who want to give the kids something that isn’t too bad for them.
Strawberry oat bars are filled with lots of whole grains that will keep kids fueled and helps them stay full while they are off playing hard.
- 1 cup old-fashion oats
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup of cluster cereal (Like Honey Bunches of Oats. We used a generic version)
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cups strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8-inch square pan with baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine the oats, flour, cereal, sugar, cinnamon and salt together in a food processor.
- Using small pulses, add butter. Combine until it becomes like crumbs.
- Set aside about 1/2 cup of crumbs.
- Press the rest of the crumbs into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread the strawberry jam across the crust.
- Sprinkle remaining crumbs on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the the edges are brown and the filling is firm.
- Cool and cut into bars.