I love strawberry muffins. Ever since Willow was little and that was all I could get her to eat for a while, I regularly crave strawberry muffins. Yesterday I went to get some groceries and they had strawberries on sale for buy one get one free. My plan was to get the strawberries and make a batch of strawberry muffins and let the family eat the other container. Well, that did not go according to plan. While I was cleaning in the fire place room, Don and the kids ate almost both containers. When I got up this morning, there were about 6 strawberries left. I had a serious case of the sadz. But then I got an awesome idea… Strawberry muffin in a mug.
It only takes about 5 minutes to make a Strawberry muffin in a mug. And the little effort is so worth it. By subbing out the milk for almond mild, using dairy free butter for real butter, and using raw sugar, this is easily made into a vegan dessert.
1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons of flour
2 tablespoons of sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup milk (we have used almond milk and regular milk, both work great)
2 tablespoons butter (or dairy free butter)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
A little over 1/4 cup about strawberries, about 3 strawberries
Melt the butter
Mix the flour, sugar and baking powder together.
Stir in Milk, butter and vanilla.
Cut up the strawberries. Stir into the batter.
Pour the batter into a mug and bake for about 2 minutes.
Be sure to let it cool slightly before eating. It is very hot.
I try to use a slightly tall mug so that the strawberry muffin does not over flow.
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons of flour
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk (we have used almond milk and regular milk, both work great)
- 2 tablespoons butter (or dairy free butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- A little over 1/4 cup about strawberries, about 3 strawberries
- Melt the butter
- Mix the flour, sugar and baking powder together.
- Stir in Milk, butter and vanilla.
- Cut up the strawberries. Stir into the batter.
- Pour the batter into a mug and bake for about 2 minutes.