What are two foods you think of when it comes to going to the beach? The 2 things I immediately think if are salt water taffy and fudge. Now I have never been a real fan of Salt water taffy, but fudge, now I could eat fudge every single day. Must have something to do with my sweet tooth. But the fudge my kids love, so much, is mint chocolate chip fudge.
The problem with fudge, it’s expensive. I mean really expensive. So I like to make my own. We love this mint chocolate chip fudge recipe so much. We make it often. It is simple to make and tastes amazing. Bonus: this Mint Chocolate Chip is a perfect recipe for Saint Patrick’s Day. If you want to make it perfect for Saint Patrick’s Day you could cut it with a shamrock cookie cutter, package the fudge in St. Patrick’s Day bags or decorate the top with gold sanding sugar. Want to turn this green fudge into a great idea for Christmas? Use red sanding sugar and Christmas bags.
- 1 Can Chocolate Fudge Frosting
- 1 Can Vanilla Frosting
- 1 Bag of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Bag of White Chocolate Chips
- Green Gel Food Coloring
- Mini Chocolate Chips for Garnish
- 1. Line a 9x13 cake pan with wax paper.
- 2. Microwave can of chocolate fudge frosting for 25 seconds.
- 3. Pour bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips into a microwave safe dish and mix in chocolate fudge frosting.
- 4. Microwave chocolate chips and frosting for 20-25 second intervals while stirring in between until all chocolate chips are melted.
- 5. Pour mixture into the 9x13 pan, spreading evenly throughout the pan.
- 6. Pop the pan in the freezer while you work on the top layer.
- 7. Microwave can of vanilla frosting for 25 seconds.
- 8. Mix in a small amount of green food coloring to get the color you like.
- 9. Pour bag of white chocolate chips into a microwave safe dish and mix in the vanilla frosting.
- 10. Microwave chocolate chips and frosting for 20-25 second intervals while stirring in between until all chocolate chips are melted.
- 11. If you need to add more food color, do so now.
- 12. Get the pan from the freezer and pour the green layer over the top, spreading it evenly throughout the pan.
- 13. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.
- 14. Refrigerate 20 mins until set.
- 15. Cut and serve!