I love skillet meals that are loaded with veggies. Autumn is a great time to start adding those late summer and fall vegetables into meals. Anything in a skillet is great in my world. It saves time and doesn’t create a lot of dishes. This meal is a great twist on the normal chicken recipe. If you are shopping at a farmers market, Autumn Veggie Pasta Skillet Dinner can easily be a low cost dinner.
- Autumn pasta skillet
- 1 box of Penne pasta
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chopped squash
- 1 cup of chopped eggplant
- 1 cup of sliced mini peppers
- 1 cup of diced yellow and red mini tomatoes
- 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp. of Lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. of Crushed red pepper
- 3 Tbsp. of Olive oil
- 1 tbsp. of minced lemon balm
- Cook the pasta as directed and set to the side
- Dice the chicken into small chunks
- In a skillet, add oil and chicken sprinkle with 1/2 of the lemon pepper seasoning. Cook until done
- Add all of the vegetables, except the tomatoes, to the chicken. Cook until tender.
- Add the can of fire roasted tomatoes.
- Then add your cooked penne.
- Toss to combine
- Garnish with the rest of the lemon pepper, crush red pepper and lemon balm